The name of the club is MALLOW CAMERA CLUB. The object of Mallow Camera Club is to promote and encourage interest in the art and practice of photography by such means deemed to be appropriate by the members and the committee.
The club shall pay an annual membership fee to the Southern Association of Camera Clubs (SACC) and to the Irish Photographic Federation (IPF).
The club will operate under the rules of the Irish Photographic Federation and adhere to the general policies as laid down under IPF rules.
- Membership of the club shall be open to all those who are interested in photography and who pay the appropriate annual membership fee.
Any future new member will be required to fill a registration form, have a proposer and seconder from within the club and then their application will have to be approved by the Chairperson and two Committee members.
- Membership of the club implies the undertaking to comply and abide with these rules.
- The annual membership fee of the club shall be proposed by the treasurer on the advice of the committee and adopted by a majority at a general meeting. The committee, at its discretion, may (confidentially) waive or reduce this fee to allow for an individual’s economic circumstances.
- The annual membership fee shall be payable from 1st to 30th September each year. Only paid up members will be listed on the register of Members. New members joining after Christmas shall pay a half-yearly fee. New members joining after Easter shall pay no more than one-third of the annual membership fee.
- Only paid up members of the club may compete in club competitions or enter competitions as a member of the club. However, as part of the condition of entering an image in a club competition, a member agrees that his/her club competition entries shall then be available for selection by the Competition Sub-committee for use in any competition, external or internal, for which the club may require images.
- Members shall not engage in bringing the club or any of its members into disrepute. In the event of this happening, the chairperson and secretary, in consultation with the committee, shall take immediate action to institute disciplinary proceedings against the offending member or members. Such disciplinary proceedings may include suspension of membership or expulsion from membership of the club.
- A member may be expelled or asked to resign from the club provided that two-thirds of the committee vote for such action to be taken. The committee may request a member to appear before it, provided that where any accusation or charge is made, the member shall be given full and reasonable opportunity to put forward a defence. All committee proceedings held under this rule shall be treated as absolutely privileged and confidential.
- The Annual General Meeting shall take place between 1st May and 31st May of each year commencing May 2017.
- The AGM shall receive the secretary’s report and treasurer’s accounts for the club year; it shall elect officers and committee members for the following year, and conduct such other business of which due notice shall have been given.
- Public notice of the Annual General Meeting shall be published at least 14 days before the meeting. Members wishing to submit items for consideration by the General Meeting shall give notice of these to the secretary, in writing, at least ten days before the date of the meeting.
- Extraordinary General Meetings may be called at the discretion of the committee, or at the written request of at least 50 per cent of the members of the club, stating the reason for which the general meeting is being sought. At least seven days’ notice shall be given for an extraordinary general meeting and such notice shall be accompanied by an agenda. No other matter, except that for which the meeting was convened, may be discussed at the Extraordinary General Meeting
- Only paid-up members may speak or vote at an Annual General Meeting or Extraordinary General Meeting.
- One-third of the membership shall constitute a quorum at a general meeting.
- Decisions taken at a general meeting shall be binding on the club, its committee and its officers. Such decisions may only be over-ruled by a notice of motion, properly proposed, and duly carried by a majority vote at a subsequent general meeting.
OFFICERS AND COMMITTEE
- Nominations for election to an officership or committee position must be submitted in writing to
the secretary, or another officer as nominated by the committee, at least six days prior to a general
meeting. The nomination must be signed by the nominee, proposer and seconder.
- Only paid up members of the club may be officers or committee members.
- Membership of the committee shall be limited to a maximum of fifteen people.
- Committee members and officers are elected for a term of one year.
- Following the AGM, the officers, in consultation with the committee, may designate specific posts of responsibility to the members of the committee.
- No member shall hold a specific officership for a period longer than three consecutive years. After having relinquished the office for a period of not less than twelve months, a person will then become eligible for a further term in the office which he/she had previously held.
- No officer or committee member shall serve as an officer or committee member of another photography club, or society. Any current serving officer or committee member who becomes an office holder or committee member of another camera club or society shall automatically be deemed to have resigned from the position he/ she held in Mallow Camera Club.
- The committee shall be empowered to confer honorary membership on those considered deserving of such recognition. Honorary members shall have the same rights and privileges as other members of the club
- Officerships of the camera club shall be as follows
- Competition Secretary
Committee posts of responsibility shall include – Assistant Competition Secretary (internal club competitions’ organiser), Assistant Secretary, Distinctions and Training Co-ordinator, Public Relations Officer and Webmaster, and Outdoor Activities’ Organiser. These positions shall be filled by the officers and committee at their first meeting after the Annual General Meeting.
- The CHAIRPERSON shall be responsible for convening meetings of the club, including meetings of the committee and the general meetings. The chairperson, in consultation with the secretary, shall devise the agendas for all meetings. The chairperson shall chair all meetings of the club and in his/her absence, the responsibility of the chair shall automatically pass to the vice-chairperson. The chairperson shall act
as spokesperson for the club. The chairperson shall conduct meetings in accordance with Standing Orders approved by the committee. The decision of the chairperson shall be final on all matters of Order. In the event of a tied vote at a meeting, he/she shall have a casting vote.
- The VICE-CHAIRPERSON shall deputise for the chairperson in his or her absence. He/she shall be responsible for welcoming new members and guests at activities, and for encouraging them to feel welcome at club activities and meetings. The vice-chairperson shall introduce guests and new members to others within the club.
- The SECRETARY shall be responsible for the general correspondence of the club and for the recording of minutes at club meetings. The secretary, in consultation with the chairperson, shall notify members of meetings. The secretary shall give a report on the progress of the club at the AGM. The secretary shall keep an up-to-date register of members. Only paid-up members may be issued with an annual membership card. The secretary shall act as organizer of club meetings.
- The ASSISTANT SECRETARY shall perform such functions delegated to him/her by the secretary or such other functions as are agreed by the committee.
- The TREASURER shall be responsible for the management of the club’s finances, as set out under rules
- The COMPETITION SECRETARY shall be responsible for organizing all club competitions and entering the club into inter-club competitions. He/she shall also be responsible for convening competition sub-committee meetings when appropriate, and for reporting the competition result to the committee and/or the club.
- The ASSISTANT COMPETITION SECRETARY shall be responsible for organizing and coordinating internal club competitions.
- The PRO & WEBMASTER shall be responsible for publicising all club activities and the photographic successes of individual members who are representing Mallow Camera Club via all forms of media including the internet, newspapers, radio, public posters and wherever else appropriate.
- The TRAINING & DISTINCTIONS OFFICER will be responsible for encouraging and provide support to any member wishing to undertake an IPF or FIAP Distinction. He/she shall also be responsible for providing support and training to members, regardless of their level of skill within the club.
- The committee may form sub-committees to perform specific tasks or undertake specific projects. The maximum size of membership of any sub-committee shall be seven people.
- The chairperson and secretary shall be ex-officio members of all sub-committees. Decisions of subcommittees shall, at all times, be subject to the approval of the committee, which may over-rule the decision of any of its sub-committees.
- The committee may, at any time, disband any sub-committee of the club.
- The selection of images to represent the club in external events and any selection that may be required in connection with competitions shall be conducted by a Competition Sub-committee, chaired by the competition secretary.
- The ordinary members of the Competition Sub-committee shall be appointed by the committee of the club at its first meeting after the AGM.
- The Competition Sub-committee shall consist of not more than seven members, with the the club chairperson and secretary of the club as ex officio members. The members of this selection committee will be the competition secretary as chair and the assistant competition secretary, plus up to 5 other members who may be chosen from any of the club members. In the event of the inability of the Competition Sub-committee not meeting, the members of the committee may act in this capacity.
- The committee shall adopt a general procedure for the selection process by which images are chosen on behalf of the club to enter external competitions, images can be chosen from members portfolio’s, members images entered in club competitions and images entered for selection for external competitions when requested by the club. This selection process shall be followed by the Competition Sub-committee and the competition secretary.
- The competition secretary, in consultation with the chairperson and/or secretary, may at his or her discretion, change images selected for external competitions. Such changes shall only be made as a matter of urgency or in the event of an image having been selected being proved to be unsuitable as an entry.
- The treasurer shall collect all subscriptions and monies as authorised by the committee. The treasurer shall keep proper accounts of all financial transactions. At the close of the financial year, he/she shall prepare a statement of income and expenditure for submission and approval at the AGM.
- The treasurer shall also have authority to make payments on behalf of the club, and to determine, in consultation with the chairperson and secretary, or the committee, which payments are, or are not, to be made.
- Funds of the club may not be held in a personal account and as soon as is reasonably practicable, must be lodged in the club’s bank or credit union account. All club accounts shall be in the name of Mallow Camera Club. Sub-committees may not have separate accounts from that of the club.
- Accounts and all withdrawals thereon shall be signed by the treasurer and countersigned by one other of three signatories appointed by the committee.
- The financial year of the club shall be up to 30th April each year.
- A register of equipment shall be kept by the treasurer. Club equipment may be loaned to a member of the club, or other groups or persons, subject to guidelines agreed by the committee.
- The treasurer shall ensure that the club keeps its public liability insurance up to date, and that membership fees to the SACC and IPF are paid on time.
- Any contingency not covered by these Rules shall be dealt with at the discretion of the officers and committee.
- In the event of an urgent decision being required which cannot wait until the next committee meeting or club meeting, the chairperson, secretary, and one other officer may make an interim decision. This decision shall be reported at the next committee meeting. This rule shall only apply in unusual circumstances and does not intend to be applied as the norm in the conduct of affairs of the committee.
- Amendments to these rules shall require a two-thirds majority vote of those present and voting at a General Meeting.
- No alterations of, or additions to these Rules shall be made except at an Annual General Meeting or at an Extraordinary General Meeting. The proposed wording of any such alterations or additions shall be included in the circulated agenda and shall be dealt with as a notice of motion.