Photographer of the Year Competition 2019
Each members’ work will be judged as a body of work and presented to the judges as a maximum of 4 colour prints and 4 mono prints mounted in regulation mounts 20x16in. and displayed on the display board as a body of work from the photographer. There will be no projected images in this competition.
3 suitably qualified judges will be appointed by the committee and asked to come along to the Mercy Centre, to view, score and write comments on the mounted images.
The judges will score each image on the member’s panel out of 20 points, they will also comment on the overall body of work presented by each photographer. There will be 20 points max. available for each image from each judge making a total score out of a maximum of 60 points per image. The total points awarded for all images from the member will be added to make a final score for their body of work.
The score sheets, when competed, will be handed to the comp sec for entering the results on the laptop. A copy of the entrant’s scores and comments will be given to each person when images be returned to them on the awards night. The awards night will be held the following club night.
The competition secretaries, chairperson and vice chairperson and 3 members who are not exhibiting, will be there on the day to assist with collating the scores, handling the prints for set up on boards etc. Members will not be present at the judging. The members will have a chance to see everyone’s entry at the awards night.
- Overall Grade POTY winner in each grade (trophy} medals for 1st, 2nd and 3rd places.
- Best mono score from the 4 images entered in each grade medals 1st, 2nd and 3rd.
- Best colour score from the 4 images entered in each grade medals 1st 2nd and 3rd.
- Overall POTY highest scoring portfolio all grades 1st Trophy and medal, medals for 2nd and 3rd
- Overall best mono entry highest score of 4 entered 1st Trophy and medal, medals for 2nd and 3rd places
- Overall best colour entry highest score of 4 entered. 1stTrophy and medal, medals for 2nd and 3rd places.
- In the case of a tie of best scores for POTY the judges will revisit the prints to make a decision on best body of work.
All digital copies of prints to be sent in by email the week before the date of competition, no late entries will be accepted to the competition secretary.
The 4 colour and 4 mono will be sized at 2400 on the longest side. Please make sure you have your name and title on each digital entry eg The walk_vivbuckley.jpg
Prints can be handed in to the Comp sec at any meeting prior to the competition or at an arranged time and place.